- Molecular mechanisms of mammalian development
- Human congenital disorders
Our recent work on the molecular control of neural crest differentiation has focused on a transcription factor gene Sox10, which is expressed in several distinct neural
- Irx genes and their genetic interaction pathways in inner ear development and hearing disorders
- The role of Sox10 in enteric neural crest cell migration
- Sonic hedgehog signaling genes in hindbrain facial branchial motorneuron development
- Niche factors for mobilization of endogenous adult spinal cord neural stem cells for injury repair
- Cheng, M.H. Tam, C.N., Choy, K.W., Tsang, W.H., Tsang, S.L., Pang, C.P., Song, Y.Q. and Sham, M.H. (2016) A γA-crystallin mouse mutant Secc with
smalleye, cataract andclosed eyelid. PLoS ONE, 11(8): e0160691.
- Ng, R.K., Kong, C.T., So, C.C., Leung, K.C., So, K.C., Chan, Y.F., Tsang, H. M., Chan, L.C.* and Sham, M.H.* (2014) Epigenetic dysregulation of
leukaemicHOX code in MLL-rearranged leukemia mouse model. J. Path. 232(1):65-74.
Bondurand, N. and Sham, M.H. (2013) The role of SOX10 during enteric nervous system development. Dev. Biol., 382(1):330-343.
Lei, I., Gao, X., Sham, M.H.* and Wang, Z.* (2012) SWI/SNF component BAF250a regulates cardiac progenitor cell differentiation by modulating chromatin accessibility during secondary heart field development. J. Biol. Chem., 287(29):24255-24262.
Leung, C., Chan, C.L.S., Tsang, S.L., Wu, W. and Sham, M.H. (2012) Cyp26b1 mediates differential
neurogenicityin axial-specific populations of adult spinal cord progenitor cells. Stem Cells & Dev. 21(12):2252-2261.
Wong, E.Y.M., Wang, X.A., Mak, S.S., Sae-Pang, J.J., Ling, K.W., Fritzsch, B. and Sham, M.H. (2011) Hoxb3 negatively regulates Hoxb1 expression in mouse hindbrain patterning. Dev. Biol., 352:382-392.
Cai, K.X., Tse, L.Y., Leung, C., Tam, P.K.H., Xu, R. and Sham, M.H. (2008) Suppression of lung tumor growth and metastasis in mice by
adeno-associated virus-mediated expression of vasostatin. Clin. Cancer Res., 14(3):939-949.
Kong, C.T.#, Sham, M.H.#, So, C.W., Cheah, K.S.E., Chen, S.J. and Chan, L.C. (2006) The
Mll-Een knock-in fusion gene causes of myeloid progenitors in mouse embryonic stem cells and myeloid selfrenewal leukaemiain chimeric mice. Leukemia, 20:1829-1839.
Chan, K.K., Wong, C.K.Y., Lui, V.C.H., Tam, P.K.H. and Sham, M.H. (2003) Analysis of SOX10 mutations identified in Waardenburg-Hirschsprung patients: Differential effects on target gene regulation. J. Cell. Biochem. 90(3):573-585.
,C.T., Tsang, S.L., Krumlauf, R. andSham, M.H. (2001) Regulatory analysis of the mouse Hoxb3 gene: Multiple elements work in concert to direct temporal and spatial patterns of expression. Dev. Biol., 232(1): 176-190.
- The roles of Hoxb3 and Jag1 in mediating branchial arch defects in Six1-Eya1 associated Branchio-Oto-Renal syndrome
- Enteric neural crest cell migration in the developing gut: Molecular and cellular analysis of a Sox10 mouse mutant
- Sonic hedgehog signaling and
cross talkswith Hox genes in hindbrain neurogenesis
- Outstanding Research Student Supervisor Award (2008-9)
- Faculty Teaching Medal (2008)
- Best Teacher Award (1996)