Dr CHU, Jessica Yan Shuen 朱恩璿
- BSc (Hons), MPhil, PhD (HKU)
L4-55, Laboratory Block, 21 Sassoon Road, Hong Kong
+852 3917 9164
+852 3917 9164
- The neuroendocrine control in body fluid homeostasis & energy homeostasis
- The involvement of microRNAs in renal development and pathology
- Dicer function is required in the metanephric mesenchyme for early kidney development.
J.Y.S. Chu, S. Sims-Lucas, D.S. Bushnell, A.J. Bodnar, J.A. Kreidberg, J. Ho
Am J Physiol Ren Physiol, 2014, 306(7): F764-772
- Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidus – The Novelly Potential Therapeutic
J.Y.S. Chu, B.K.C. Chow
Chapter 4, Diabetes Insipidus (ISBN 978-953-307-367-5)
Editor: Kyuzi Kamoi
Published: Nov, 2011
- Secretin and body fluid homeostasis
J.Y.S. Chu, C.Y.Y. Cheng, V.H.Y. Lee, Y.S. Chan, B.K.C. Chow
Kidney International, 2010, 79(3):280-287.
- Central and peripheral administration of secretin inhibits food intake in mice through the activation of the melanocortin system
J.Y.S. Chu, C.C.Y. Cheng, B.K.C. Chow
Neuropsychopharmacology, 2010, 36(2):459-471.
- Secretin as a neurohypophysial factor regulating body water homeostasis
J.Y.S. Chu, L.T.O. Lee, C.H. Lai, H. Vaudry, Y.S. Chan, W.H. Yung, B.K.C. Chow
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2009, 106(37): 15961-15966.
- Jan 2011 – Dec 2011: Project code: 201007176078; Central osmoregulatory pathways mediating secretin's effect in body fluid homeostasis
- Jan 2009 – Dec 2009: Project code: 200811159048; The overexpression of secretin and polycystic kidney disease
- Sept 2008 – Feb 2010: Project code: 200807176088; Identification of the first non-mammalian secretin and secretin receptor: functional evolution of this ligand-receptor pair in the transition process from aquatic to terrestrial life
- 2010 - Research Output Prize by The University of Hong Kong
- 2006 - Dr. Lo Kwee Seong Education Foundation Travel and Conference Grants by The University of Hong Kong
- 2006 - Anthony R. Means Basic Science Award by The Endocrine Society U.S.
- Review Editor of Frontiers in Neuroendocrine Science