Dr LIM, Lee Wei 林禮偉
- MD (Crimea State Medical U); MSc, PhD (Maastricht U)
- Assistant Professor
- Neuro-modulation in neurological and psychiatric diseases
- Behavioral, cellular and molecular neurosciences
- MD, Crimean State Medical University.
- MSc, Maastricht University and Florence University.
- PhD, Maastricht University.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Maastricht University & University of Oxford.
- LKY Research Fellow (PI), Nanyang Technological University.
- Visiting Researcher, Maastricht University. (2011–present)
- Associate Professor, Sunway University. (2014–present)
- Assistant Professor, the University of Hong Kong. (2015–present)
My research focuses on the basic and translational neuroscience using the advanced neuro-stimulation technology for degenerative brain and psychiatric disorders. More specifically, my interests are directed towards understanding the neural basis of mood and anxiety disorders, as well as neurodegenerative diseases. The plan of investigation consists of different inter-related sections using cellular and molecular techniques, neurochemical, behavioral and electrophysiological methods, which together will provide a multidisciplinary approach to understand how neuro-stimulation interfaces with the brain networks, by controlling the neuronal activity and cellular microenvironment.
We are seeking several highly-motivated undergraduate and MPhil/PhD students to work on neuro-modulation projects in experimental animal models of neurological and psychiatric diseases. For postgraduate study, applicants must hold at least an Upper Second Class Honours B.Sc. and/or a master degree with relevant background in biological sciences. Successful candidates will receive funding for tuition fees and stipend. To apply, please submit your resume to Dr Lim LW (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more details of postgraduate studies, please see the following webpage.
* Corresponding author
- LW LIM*, S Shrestha, YZ Or, SZK Tan, HH Chung, Y Sun, CL Lim, S Khairuddin, T Lufkin, VCL Lin. (2016) Tetratricopeptide repeat domain 9A modulates anxiety-like behavior in female mice. Scientific Reports 6:37568.
- A Liu, N Jain, A Vyas, LW LIM*. (2015) Ventromedial prefrontal cortex stimulation enhances memory and hippocampal neurogenesis in the middle-aged rats. eLife 4:e04803. [Featured by more than 110 international media]
- LW LIM*, J Prickaerts, G Huguet, E Kadar, H Hartung, T Sharp, Y Temel. (2015) Electrical stimulation alleviates depressive-like behaviors of rats: Investigation of brain targets and potential mechanisms. Transl. Psychiatry 5:e535. [Featured by more than 40 international media]
- S Hescham, LW LIM, A Jahanshahi, A Blokland, Y Temel. (2013) Deep brain stimulation in dementia related-disorders? Neurosci Biobehav Rev 37:2666–2675.
- AW Liu, N Jain, A Vyas, LW LIM*. (2015) Ventromedial prefrontal cortex stimulation enhances memory and hippocampal neurogenesis in the middle-aged rats. eLife 4:e04803.
Media Coverage: The Straits Times, Channel News Asia, TODAY, Xinhua News, UK Daily Mail, The Scotsman, The Times of India, Economics Times India, UK Mirror, Haberlar, Bernama, Berita RTM, Dublin News, Science Daily, Finanznachrichten, Jakarta Post, Cihan, Newsen, News Medical, Yahoo News, dpa-AFX International Compact, Asia News Network, Asian Scientist, Guang Ming Daily, Sin Chew Daily, etc (> 110 media)
- LW LIM*, J Prickaerts, G Huguet, E Kadar, H Hartung, T Sharp, Y Temel. (2015) Electrical stimulation alleviates depressive-like behaviors of rats: Investigation of brain targets and potential mechanisms. Transl. Psychiatry. 5:e535.
Media Coverage: UK Life Sciences Index, Antara News, Yahoo News, Asia Fresh News, Guang Ming Daily, Sin Chew Daily, Malaysia Business News, Korean Yonhap News, One News Page, De Telegraaf, NU.NL, MyMetro, etc (> 40 media)
- The EP-Nuffic DELTA II Award (2005)
- Marie Curie Fellowship (2007)
- IBRO-APRC Assoc. School Fellowship & IBRO-PERC Student Fellowship Awards (2007)
- Kootstra Postdoctoral Top-Talent Fellowship Award (2008)
- CSMU Faculty List of Outstanding Alumni in Medical Academy (2009)
- Lee Kuan Yew Research Fellowship (2011)
- JCI Ten Outstanding Young Malaysian Award (2015)
- MOSTI National Young Scientist Award Finalist (2015 & 2016)
- APSN Young Investigator Award (2016)