Dr WONG, Brian Choi Wah 黃楚華
- BSc, PCEd, PhD (HKU)
- Principal Lecturer
- Homologous recombinations
- Curriculum development in Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences
Dr Brian Wong is a Principal Lecturer at the School of Biomedical Sciences. He obtained his PhD from the Department of Biochemistry, HKU and received postdoctoral training in Professor Premkumar Reddy’s lab at Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Philadelphia. He joined the Department of Biochemistry, HKU as a full-time demonstrator in 1995 and later as a teaching consultant (lecturer).
Dr Wong is involved in teaching various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in biochemistry and molecular biology. He has designed and implemented courses in Bioinformatics and the Basic Laboratory Techniques course for Biomedical Sciences. He was the Program coordinator for BSc (Bioinformatics) in 2009-2011 to oversee all teaching related activities in the BSc (Bioinformatics) degree programme offered by LKS Faculty of Medicine.
- Yeung M.Y., Smith D.K., Chan M.S., Li C.M., Wong B.C., Cheung K.M., Luk K.D., Cheah K.S., Sham P., Chan D., Song Y.Q. (2007) iCartiGD: the Integrated Cartilage Gene Database. BMC Genet. 8:4.
- Mangan J.K., Rane S.G., Kang A.D., Amanullah A., Wong B.C., Reddy E.P. (2004) Mechanisms associated with IL-6-induced up-regulation of Jak3 and its role in monocytic differentiation. Blood 103, 4093-4101.
- Rane S.G., Mangan J.K., Amanullah A., Wong B.C., Vora R.K., Liebermann D.A., Hoffman B., Grana X., and Reddy E.P. (2002) Activation of the Jak3 pathway is associated with granulocytic differentiation of myeloid precursor cells. Blood 100, 2753-2762.
- Wong, B.C., Chiu, S.K., and Chow, S.A (1998). The role of negative superhelicity and length of homology in the formation of paranemic joints promoted by RecA protein. J. Biol. Chem. 273, 12120-12127.
- Wong, B.C., Chiu, S.K., and Chow S.A. (1992). Formation of paranemic joints promoted by RecA protein. J. Cell. Biochem. 16B, F643.
- Chow, S.A., Chiu, S.K., and Wong, B.C. (1992). RecA protein-promoted homologous pairing and strand exchange between intact and partially single-stranded duplex DNA. J. Mol. Biol. 223, 79-93.
- Chow, S.A., Chiu, S.K., and Wong, B.C. (1991). RecA protein-promoted homologous pairing between duplex molecules: functional role of duplex regions of gapped duplex DNA. Biochimie 73(2-3), 157-161.
- Chiu, S.K., Wong, B.C., and Chow, S.A. (1990). Homologous pairing in duplex DNA regions and the formation of four-stranded paranemic joints promoted by RecA protein. Effects of gap length and negative superhelicity. J. Biol. Chem. 265, 21262-21268.
- Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fellowship (1990-92)