Student Ambassador Programme 2022 - 2023
Do you have the passion to represent our School and promote our undergraduate programmes to prospective students? Would you like to join a group of motivated students to build connections within the HKUMed community? Are you eager to share your university life and study experience from a student’s perspective?
Join us now as Student Ambassador and help the HKUMed community grows! There will be student ambassadors trainings, team building activities and events that enrich your university experiences and foster your personal growth.
Don’t worry about having a hectic schedule, our events aren’t mandatory; once you’re an SA you can sign up for the activities you are interested in based on your schedule.
Role of SBMS Student Ambassadors:
- Creating story posts on IG (once a month) and provide interesting content to share on SBMS newsletter and “student corner” on website (quarterly)
- Attend regular meetings and training workshops provided by Faculty and/or School to develop interpersonal skills
- Support Faculty and University events including but not limited to iDay, admission talks, campus tours (based on SA's own schedule)
- Serve as student representative for SBMS on media coverage (if any) and other source of student sharing activities/events
- Become a member of related WhatsApp workgroup for faster and more efficient communication
Benefits and Opportunities:
- SBMS Student Ambassador Activity Room at Lab Block
- The Faculty will host large scale events once per semester to inaugurate and thank all contributing SAs
- The School will invite SAs to join SBMS social gatherings events such as Christmas party
- Opportunity to mingle with other SAs across the Faculty
- Foster a strong mentor-mentee relationship with junior students who intend to pursue a career in the medical profession
- Faculty souvenir for SA (Jacket, T-Shirt, and Professional Portrait Shoot)
- Opportunity to design distinctive souvenir for SBMS students and / or SAs
- Receive exclusive training sessions on various soft skills, such as social media and digital communications.
Learn more from our current student ambassadors:
Charmaine Tse (BBiomedSc IV): “The SA programme really is a great platform to unite students from different years and backgrounds across the Faculty. Helping at the information day developed my sense of responsibility. Events like Xmas gatherings were fun and it enriches my sense of belonging to the School. I would highly recommend it to students who are interested as it will be a rewarding journey!”
Kay Ho (BBiomedSc IV): “Being a part of the HKUMed SA community is equivalent to being a part of a family. It was through them that I was given the invaluable opportunity to venture and explore the true experience of being a student of the Faculty.”
Rachel Yeung (BBiomedSc IV): “The SA Programme allows you to expand your network, equip yourself with diverse skills that you might not have the opportunity to learn before, and know your school deeper. It is an interesting experience that you should have in university life.”
▍ What are some examples of past activities?
Social Media Workgroup | Curate Content for our Social Media
Unibuddy Workgroup | Answer questions from prospective students and blog posts
Info Day Helpers | Guide students and answer questions on IDay
School Visits | Represent HKUMed at Secondary Schools
Preparation Workshops | Help prospective students to familiarise themselves with the admissions journey
Christmas SA BBQ | A fun social gathering inviting all our SA to relax and socialise after exams
And many more!
SA appointment will last throughout students' undergraduate curriculum. However, you are allowed to opt out at the end of every academic year. The Faculty or school reserves the right to remove students from the programme.
Sign up here: https://hkumed.hk/2223SA from now until Oct 2, 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.