Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
Admissions to BBiomedSc
The Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (JUPAS programme code: JS6949) is offered by the LKS Faculty of Medicine.
JUPAS Applicants (for those who are applying on the strength of HKDSE results)
In addition to satisfying the University Entrance Requirements as listed at http://www.aal.hku.hk/admissions/local/admissions-information, candidates for admission shall satisfy all of the following requirements in HKDSE:
- Achieve the level of performance in the four core subjects as below:
Level of Performance
- Attain at least Level 3 in two electives, one of which must be:
- Biology or
- Chemistry or
- Combined Science with Biology component
- Combined Science with Chemistry component
- After having fulfilled the programme entrance requirement, students will be selected based on the "Best 6 subjects" principle. The best combination of scores in any 6 subjects among Category A in one attempt will be used for selection.
Preference is given to those who list the BBiomedSc programme as a Band A choice. Applicants may be selected, on the basis of their school reference reports, to attend one interview to be held in June before release of HKDSE results or in late July after the announcement of the HKDSE results.
Selection for admission is based on the candidates’ academic performance in the HKDSE, performance at interview, and Student Learning Profile, where applicable.
Overseas students or local students who are applying for admission on the strength of academic results other than HKDSE should submit their applications direct to the University through the Non-JUPAS Admissions Scheme. Please visit the webpage http://www.aal.hku.hk/admissions/international/ for the range and level of qualifications accepted by the University as well as the subject requirements for the BBiomedSc programme.
Those who list the BBiomedSc programme as their first choice will be considered. Interviews may be held in December, April and June.