Committees (HKU only)
DEPARTMENTAL RESEARCH POSTGRADUATE COMMITTEE
Terms of Reference
- POWERS AND DUTIES
- To broaden the basis of decision-making on research postgraduate education matters at the School level;
- To give advice to supervisors and supervisees on matters arising in the course of the latter’s studies;
- To function as the departmental quality assurance machinery;
- To make recommendations, amongst other things, on research postgraduate student admissions, award of Postgraduate Scholarships, prescription of the coursework load, and appointment of supervisors;
- To assist in monitoring students’ progress; and where problems have been identified in individual cases, to recommend appropriate action to be taken; and
- To give advice to the Faculty Higher Degree Committee (FHDC) on all student matters relating to the degree regulations and procedures.
- A minimum of 3 teachers (in the case of departments with fewer than 3 teachers, all the teachers in the department), including the departmental representative on FHDC, and the Head of Department (ex-officio) who should, as far as possible, be the Chairman.
- Appointments to the Committee shall be for a period of two years, renewable at the discretion of the School Director.
- Membership as of August 1, 2023:
- Dr Lydia Cheung, Associate Professor, School representative on FHDC (Chair)
- Professor ZJ Zhou, Professor
- Dr Martin Cheung, Associate Professor
- Dr YP Ching, Associate Professor
- Dr Joshua Ho, Associate Professor
- Dr Yuanhua Huang, Assistant Professor
- Dr Cora Lai, Associate Professor
- Dr Jason Wong, Associate Professor
Last update: July 25, 2023