Dr CHAN, Enoch 陳以諾
- BSc (PolyU), MSc (UNSW), PhD (UNSW), PgCert (Edinburgh), FHEA
- Assistant Lecturer / Senior E‑learning Instructor, School of Clinical Medicine
Dr Enoch Chan is an Assistant Lecturer / Senior E-learning Instructor at the School of Clinical Medicine, University of Hong Kong, where he develops digital learning resources, provides pedagogical support and teaches Physiology for multiple undergraduate programmes (Medicine, Nursing, Chinese Medicine and Pharmacy) at HKUMed. He has expertise in multiple disciplines including Biomedical Sciences, Biomedical Education and Educational Technology. He completed his PhD in Pathology at UNSW Sydney through research on the role of myeloperoxidase and heparanase in the pathogenesis of vascular diseases. During his PhD candidature, he began teaching Biochemistry and Pathology for undergraduate Biological / Medical Science students at UNSW Sydney. Afterwards, he began his career in Medical Education as a Biomedical Educational Developer at the Office of Pro Vice-Chancellor (Education), UNSW Sydney. In 2019, He joined HKUMed as an E-learning Instructor. Dr Chan also completed a PgCert in Digital Education (with distinction) at University of Edinburgh, and he is a Fellow of Higher Education Academy (Advance HE, UK).
- Teaching and learning in human physiology
- Biomedical sciences curriculum development for health professions programmes
- Technology adoption in learning and teaching
- PgCert in Digital Education (with distinction), University of Edinburgh (2022)
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA), Advance HE, United Kingdom (2021)
- PhD in Pathology, UNSW Sydney (2013–2017)
- MSc (Res) in Pathology, UNSW Sydney (2011–2012)
- BSc (Hons) in Applied Biology with Biotechnology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (2007–2010)
- Chan E, Khong ML, Torda A, Tanner JA, Velan GM, Wong GT (2022). Medical teachers’ experience of emergency remote teaching during the COVID-19 pandemic: a cross-institutional study. BMC Medical Education, 22(1):1–3.
- Chan E, Botelho MG, Wong GT (2021). A flipped classroom, same-level peer-assisted learning approach to clinical skill teaching for medical students. PLOS ONE, 22;16(10):e0258926.
- Khong ML, Chan E, Tanner JA, Lee PP, Wong G (2020). COVID-19–A covert catalyst for pedagogical stocktake and transformation: Perspectives of a global hub. MedEdPublish, 9(1):212.
- Chan HH*, Chan E*, Kwok CT, Leung GP, Lee SM, Seto SW (2022). The role of p53 in the alternation of vascular functions. Frontiers in Pharmacology, 3667. (*contributed equally to the work)
- Nguyen TK, Paone S, Chan E, Poon IK, Baxter AA, Thomas SR, Hulett MD (2022). Heparanase: A Novel Therapeutic Target for the Treatment of Atherosclerosis. Cells, 11(20):3198.
- Thai T, Zhong F, Dang L, Chan E, Ku J, Malle E, Geczy CL, Keaney Jr JF, Thomas SR (2021). Endothelial-transcytosed myeloperoxidase activates endothelial nitric oxide synthase via a phospholipase C-dependent calcium signaling pathway. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 166:255–64.
- Maiocchi SL, Ku J, Thai T, Chan E, Rees MD, Thomas SR (2021). Myeloperoxidase: A versatile mediator of endothelial dysfunction and therapeutic target during cardiovascular disease. Pharmacology & therapeutics, 221:107711.
- Li Y, Alhendi AM, Yeh MC, Elahy M, Santiago FS, Deshpande NP, Wu B, Chan E, Inam S, Prado-Lourenco L, Marchand J, Joyce RD, Wilkinson-White LE, Raftery MJ, Zhu M, Adamson SJ, Barnat F, Viaud-Quentric K, Sockler J, Mackay J, Chang A, Mitchell P, Marcuccio SM, Khachigian LM (2020). Thermostable small-molecule inhibitor of angiogenesis and vascular permeability that suppresses a pERK-FosB/ΔFosB–VCAM-1 axis. Science advances, 6(31):eaaz7815.
- UGC Teaching Development and Language Enhancement Grant (2022–25 Triennium): “Developing a systematized humour pedagogical approach to enhance teaching and learning: a cross-institutional and cross-disciplinary collaboration” (PI: Dr Alex C Koon, School of Life Sciences, Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- HKU Teaching Development Grant (2022–2023): “Integrate concepts of biomedical sciences through digital storytelling – from basic science to clinical relevance” (PI: Dr Joanna WY Ho)
- HKU Teaching Development Grant (2021–2022): “Scaffolding clinical teaching by video-based interactive modules (VIMs) through DIY video recording of clinical encounters” (PI: Dr Gordon Wong)
- HKU Teaching Development Grant (2021–2022): “Humour as a pedagogical approach to improve student engagement, enhance learning and relieve stress” (PI: Dr Alex C Koon, then Dr Joanna WY Ho)
- HKU Teaching Development Grant (2021–2022): “Online training for the reconstitution of Fosun/BioNTech: a learning platform to determine readiness for complex medication preparation procedures” (PI: Dr Esther WY Chan)
- Tuition Fee Scholarship and Faculty Stipend, UNSW Sydney (2013–2017)
- Mentor, Professional Certificate of Academic Practice (PCAP) programme, HKU (2023–present)
- Mentor and Reviewer, HKU Advance HE Fellowship Scheme, HKU (2021–present)
Last updated: 11 January 2023