Dr YANG, Jian 楊鑒
- BMed (Peking U), PhD (U of Bristol), FHEA
- Senior Lecturer
L4-58, Laboratory Block, 21 Sassoon Road, Hong Kong
+825 3917 6913
+852 2817 0857
- Teaching and learning in human anatomy and histology
- Pedagogy and curriculum development in medical education
- Yang J, Machado MD, Tsao GSW and Chung SK. (2017) The reform of medical histology education with a hybrid method of using the traditional microscope and computer-assisted interactive teaching and learning, Developing Excellence in Medical Education Conference, Manchester, UK.
- Yang J, Machado MD, Tsao GSW and Chung SK. (2017) A hybrid between classic and innovation: histology education in MBBS Curriculum of HKU LKS Faculty, The XXV International Symposium on Morphological Sciences, Xi an.
- Yang J. (2015) Truly practical, a book review for Teaching Anatomy: A Practical Guide. Korean J Med Educ. 27(2): 141-142.
- Chan LK, Yang J (co-first author), Irby DM. (2015) Application of one-minute preceptor technique by novice teachers in the gross anatomy. Anat Sci Educ. 8: 539–546.
- Liang Y, Yang J (co-first author), Yuan T, So KF. (2015) Uptake of Retrograde Tracers by Intact Optic Nerve Axons: A New Way to Label Retinal Ganglion Cells. PLoS ONE. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0128718.
- Luan L, Ren C, Lau B, Huang X, Yang J, Yuan Z, Wu X, Gao J, Pickard G, So KF and Pu M. (2013) Direct retino-raphe projection alters serotonergic tone and affective behavior. Neuropsychopharmacology. 38: 1163-1175.
- Yuan Q, Su H, Guo J, Tsang KY, Cheah KS, Chiu K, Yang J, Wong WM, So KF, Huang JD, Wu W, Lin ZX. (2012) Decreased c-Jun expression correlates with impaired spinal motoneuron regeneration in aged mice following sciatic nerve crush. Exp Gerontol. 47: 329-336.
- Luan L, Ren C, Lau B, Yang J, Pickard G, So KF and Pu M. (2011) Y-Like retinal ganglion cells innervate the dorsal raphe nucleus in the Mongolian gerbil (Meriones unguiculatus). PLoS ONE. 6: 4, e13938.
- Lau B, Ren C, Yang J, Yan S, Chang R, Pu M and So KF (2011) Light deprivation induces depression-like behavior and suppresses neurogenesis in diurnal Mongolian gerbil (Meriones unguiculatus). Cell Transplant. 20: 871-881.
- Yang, J., Chamberlain, S.E.L., Woodhall, G.L. and Jones R.S.G. (2008) Mobility of NMDA autoreceptors but not postsynaptic receptors in the rat entorhinal cortex. J. Physiol. 586: 4905-4924.
(See also: Perspectives article, Scimemi, A. (2008) Anchors aweigh: NMDA receptors set sail from their presynaptic port. J Physiol 586: 4787;
Faculty 1000 recommendation, Collingridge, G.C., Faculty of 1000 Biology, 12 Dec 2008 http://www.f1000biology.com/article/id/ 1133845/evaluation.)
- Chamberlain, S.E.L. Yang, J. and Jones, R.S.G. (2008) The role of NMDA receptor subtypes in short term plasticity in the rat entorhinal cortex. Neural Plasticity. http://www.hindawi.com/journals/np/2008/872456.html
- Yang, J., Wetterstrand, C. and Jones, R.S.G. (2007) Felbamate but not phenytoin or gabapentin reduces glutamate release by blocking presynaptic NMDA receptors in the entorhinal cortex. Epilepsy Research. 77: 157-164.
- Yang, J., Woodhall, G.L. and Jones R.S.G. (2006) Tonic facilitation of glutamate release by presynaptic NR2B-containing NMDA receptors is increased in the entorhinal cortex of chronically epileptic rats. J. Neurosci. 26: 406-410.
- Tian DR, Li XD, Wang F, Niu DB, He QH, Li YS, Chang JK, Yang J, Han JS CA. (2005). Up-regulation of the expression of cocaine and amphetamine-regulated transcript peptide by electroacupuncture in the arcuate nucleus of diet-induced obese rats. Neuroscience Letters. 383: 17-21.
- Teaching Development Grant HKU (2019): Mobile electronic platform and electronic resources for histology education, the Histology E Classroom
- HK UGC (University Grants Committee) Tri-ennium Fund for Teaching and Learning (2017-2020): Developing Active Learning Pedagogies and Mobile Applications in University STEM Education
- Teaching Development Grant HKU (2017): Video resources for prosection practical sessions in anatomical sciences
- NSFC/RGC Joint Research Scheme (2009-2010): Investigate retinal neuromechanisms of seasonal affective disorder
- Member (Research and Scholarship) (2019), Bau Institute of Medical and Health Sciences Education, HKU
- Member (since 2016), Timetable Committee, The school of Biomedical Sciences, HKU
- Member (since 2015), BDSI Assessment Group, The Faculty of Dentistry, HKU
Last update: 2020-02-03