Dr BAO, Xiucong 鮑秀叢
- PhD (HKU), BS (Nankai U)
- Research Assistant Professor
- Chemical biology
- Protein Post-translational Modifications
- Protein-Protein Interactions
Dr. Xiucong Bao is currently a Research Assistant Professor in the School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine. Dr. Bao received her bachelor’s degree in Biological Science from Nankai University in 2011 and then completed her PhD in Chemical Biology in the University of Hong Kong in 2016. Her dissertation has been selected for a Springer Thesis Award and published by Springer. She pursued her post-doctoral training in Prof. Xiang David Li's laboratory at the University of Hong Kong in the field of in Epigenetics and Proteomics.
Protein posttranslational modifications (PTMs) play essential roles in the regulation of almost all biological processes and the dysregulation of proteins PTMs often leads to human diseases. Our lab focuses on the development of chemical biological strategies to decipher the biological functions of protein post-translational modifications (PTMs) and their regulatory mechanisms in immune system. Our overall mission is to elucidate the fundamental mechanisms responsible for carcinogenesis and to translate basic biomedical discovery into effective therapies for immune diseases.
- Qianwen Wang#, Xiucong Bao#, Shengjie Chen#, Huan Zhong#, Yaqin Liu, Li Zhang, Yiji Xia, Friedrich Kragler, Ming Luo, Xiang David Li*, Hon-Ming Lam*, Shoudong Zhang*. AtHDA6 acts as an epigenetic H3K18ac eraser to maintain DNA methylation in plants. Nucleic Acids Res. 2021, gkab706, https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gkab706
- Jianwei Lin, Xiucong Bao*, Xiang David Li*. A tri-functional amino acid enables mapping of binding sites for posttranslational modification-mediated protein-protein interactions. Mol Cell. 2021 Apr 15:S1097-2765(21)00268-9. doi: 10.1016/j.molcel. 2021.04.001.
- Xiucong Bao. Study on the Cellular Regulation and Function of Lysine Malonylation, Glutarylation and Crotonylation. Springer Theses. 2020, doi:10.1007/978-981-15-2509-4.
- Xiucong Bao, Zheng Liu, Wei Zhang, Kornelia Gladysz, Yi Man Eva Fung, Gaofei Tian, Ying Xiong, Jason Wing Hon Wong*, Karen Wing Yee Yuen*, Xiang David Li*. Glutarylation of histone H4 lysine 91 regulates chromatin dynamics. Mol Cell. 2019 Nov 21;76(4):660-675.
- Xin Li#, Yizhe Wu#, Gaofei Tian, Yixiang Jiang, Zheng Liu, Xianbin Meng, Xiucong Bao, Ling Feng, Hongyan Sun, Haiteng Deng, Xiang David Li*. Chemical proteomic profiling of bromodomains enables the wide-spectrum evaluation of bromodomain inhibitors in living cells. J Am Chem Soc. 2019 Jul 24;141(29):11497-11505.
- Xiucong Bao, Ying Xiong, Xin Li and Xiang David Li*. Chemical reporter facilitates the detection and identification of lysine HMGylation on histones. Chem Sci. 2018 Aug 28;9(40):7797-7801.
- Yihang Jing#, Zheng Liu#, Gaofei Tian, Xiucong Bao, Toyotaka Ishibashi, Xiang David Li*. Site-specific installation of succinyl lysine analog into histones reveals the effect of H2BK34 succinylation on nucleosome dynamics. Cell Chem Biol. 2018 Feb 15;25(2):166-174.e7.
- Xiao Xie#, Xiao-Meng Li#, Fangfei Qin#, Jianwei Lin, Gong Zhang, OrcidJingyi Zhao, Xiucong Bao, Rongfeng Zhu, Haiping Song, Xiang David Li*, OrcidPeng R. Chen*. Genetically Encoded Photoaffinity Histone Marks. J Am Chem Soc. 2017 May 17;139(19):6522-6525.
- Tangpo Yang#, Xiao-Meng Li#, Xiucong Bao, Yi Man Eva Fung & Xiang David Li*. Photo-lysine captures proteins that bind lysine post-translational modifications. Nat Chem Biol. 2016 Feb;12(2):70-2.
- Xiucong Bao#, Yi Wang#, Xin Li#, Xiao-Meng Li#, Zheng Liu, Tangpo Yang, Chi Fat Wong, Jiangwen Zhang, Quan Hao*, Xiang David Li*. Identification of 'erasers' for lysine crotonylated histone marks using a chemical proteomics approach. eLife. 2014, Nov 4; 3.
- Xiucong Bao#, Qian Zhao#, Tangpo Yang, Yi Man Eva Fung*, Xiang David Li*. A Chemical reporter for lysine malonylation. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl., 2013, Apr 26; 52(18), 4883-4886.
- Springer Thesis Prize, Springer Nature (2017)
- Award for Outstanding Research Postgraduate Student for the Academic Year 2015-2016, The University of Hong Kong (2016)
- Best Poster Award at Symposium “Frontiers in Chromatin Biology and Chemical Epigenetics-Epigenomics, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA (2015)
We are actively recruiting postgraduate students and research assistants to join our lab. Please email Dr. Xiucong Bao directly for potential projects.
Last updated: August 23, 2021